Question / Help Updated OBS and now "broswer" source no longer works. Video hangs and lags.

Bozz

When using the "Browser" source the video drops to a rate of one frame per minute. All the other sources appear to work fine. I can open a source in firefox and use it as a window source, but then I don't get the audio, so no good.

Any idea what is causing this? Doesn't appear to be a firewall issue. I'm on mac 10.11 El Capitan. I just updated from a previous version (don't know which) where the browser source was working fine. Kinda frustrated right now!

Bozz

the relevant log - seems like a clear problem but I don't know what it means

18:32:35.375: User added source 'Browser' (browser_source) to scene 'Scene'
18:32:37.071: obs-browser: Refused to load the stylesheet 'data:text/css;charset=utf-8;base64,Ym9keSB7IGJhY2tncm91bmQtY29sb3I6IHJnYmEoMCwgMCwgMCwgMCk7IG1hcmdpbjogMHB4IGF1dG87IG92ZXJmbG93OiBoaWRkZW47IH0=' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' ". Note that 'style-src-elem' was not explicitly set, so 'style-src' is used as a fallback.
18:32:37.071: (source: data:text/css;charset=utf-8;base64,Ym9keSB7IGJhY2tncm91bmQtY29sb3I6IHJnYmEoMCwgMCwgMCwgMCk7IG1hcmdpbjogMHB4IGF1dG87IG92ZXJmbG93OiBoaWRkZW47IH0=:1)

Bozz

Can anyone confirm that it's possible to use a youtube etc video in the browser source? Browser source works ok with websites without videos. As soon as I do a site with video it bugs out. I've also seen this on other macs.

lautrip

Browser source doesn't work in macOs. It didn't work in OBS 24.x
Last version it worked was 23.2.1, I beleive.

I don't know if there's a fix or a workaround. But I'd love to know