Update: Use Android Camera as Macbook WebCam (unsuccessful)

huedoku

I just spent 4 hours downloading and trying different attempts to get my Samsung Android LG Stylo 3 as an input to OBS on my Macbook Pro without Success. Here are the things I tried so you don't waste your time or can correct me.

In theory I am ok with accessing the camera directly, but also fine with just capturing the screen and with camera open on phone just cropping the borders in OBS. The best solution from google was going to be:
(1). Newtek NDI but unfortunately it has been removed from Google Play and I can't figure out why. Asked for solution here.

These two didn't work:
(2). Cam for OBS (terrible reviews) reviews say scam, no link to MacBook app. No link to website.
(3). EpocCam Pro from kinoni (cost ~$10 for high rez) was promising but didn't work. On the MacBook the input shows on OBS but the video does not. It's just a spinning wheel. I restarted everything. Using same Wifi but not the point as I am using UBS C to connect. (No input for webcam shows shows in test on Zoom). I finally got some kind of super pixalated video to show up. I turned off Wifi and as suspected it was using Wifi and not the cable. Again so pixalated not worth using.

(4). Vysor is not using the camera, its a debugger capturing the screen but the output into OBS is unreliable and stretched. $10 per year.
Pro required, doesn’t say dimensions,
Funky capture- stretched
OBS do Window Capture

In sum, it's a bummer but seems like I'll need to use all Apple stuff or go get a high grade camera. PLEASE share your your experience for Android Webcam on Mac.

huedoku

I'll update as I keep trying, Am using Pro version of Vysor but not sure if this will be overkill for me as I need to bring into OBS using a Window Capture while running Vysor App on my Mac.