Question / Help Unstable PPA changelogs?

ZeroLabs

Just received 0.6.4-3 from the Ubuntu unstable PPA. Are there any changelogs being posted in the forum? If so I can't find them. If not, where can I find them to test new features/bug fixes?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
There are a lot of changes that tend to be insignificant for most users. Mostly minor things, tiny bug fixes or other small changes to the source code, and right now there are a lot of windows-specific changes going on, so though the unstable PPA may update, it may be exactly the same as the last build.

ZeroLabs

Okay. I appreciate the info. I also understand why much of your development effort is focused on windows. Just please don't forget those of us who have filed for divorce from macrosoft. We're counting on folks like you to help us drive the herds away from closed source operating systems.

Okay. I appreciate the info. I also understand why much of your development effort is focused on windows. Just please don't forget those of us who have filed for divorce from macrosoft. We're counting on folks like you to help us drive the herds away from closed source operating systems.
i can attest first hand to Jim's support of linux as he tirelessly worked on an audio desync issue with me for hours upon hours while we sat in the IRC channel as I fed him samples of various tests running with different settings. Trust me when I say they won't and are not forgetting about us linux users. :) I strongly advise that if you truly enjoy this piece of FREE software that you donate towards it because these dev's work very hard for nothing and more often than not users just complain and are completely unappreciative of the dev's efforts.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm not forgetting anyone, hopefully I'll have this windows specific stuff wrapped up by the end of the month. God help me if I don't because it's driving me crazy.

ZeroLabs

i can attest first hand to Jim's support of linux as he tirelessly worked on an audio desync issue with me for hours upon hours while we sat in the IRC channel as I fed him samples of various tests running with different settings. Trust me when I say they won't and are not forgetting about us linux users. :) I strongly advise that if you truly enjoy this piece of FREE software that you donate towards it because these dev's work very hard for nothing and more often than not users just complain and are completely unappreciative of the dev's efforts.
Trust me, I'm very generous when it comes to supporting open source. I'll often times seek out ways to donate even when none exist. I am a little more careful in this area however. I donated hundreds toward the Webcam Studio project over time and lobbied heavily to my own fan base to do the same when it was spearheaded by Patrick Balleux. In the end he just walked away from it when Google hangouts came around, leaving us all holding the bag. Not too happy with that boy.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I don't know how the topic became about donating, but in my opinion that's a wise policy. If you are someone who likes to donate to open source projects you enjoy and need some key features/fixes, do it when they implement those specific features/fixes you've been requesting, not before.