Bug Report Unstable build will not launch

ZeroLabs

Rather than create a duplicate thread I'll link to my latest comments here
https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...o-an-x-window-system-error.39866/#post-238391

This is confirmed on three separate machines. The i7 desktop in my first report, an i5 desktop and my Asus 1215n. All run Xubuntu 16.04.1. All were working fine up until I want to say about late August? Still broken as of build 0.15.4.58-495. Had to uninstall complete, disable the unstable branch PPA, add the stable branch PPA and reinstall. 0.15.4-488 is working properly.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Are you capable of building OBS Studio? If so, could you do a git bisect to find the offending commit?

ZeroLabs

Ohhhhhhh, I suppose! ;-)

I know how to build from source code and I see the commit dates with the bugs fixed/features added but can't find all of the actual source code snapshots at the Github repository. Can you point me in the right direction?

Edit: On second thought, maybe not. Best I can do is offer what I see right now. 0.15.4.60-497 still no joy.

~$ obs
Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/locale/en-US.ini
Attempted path: /usr/share/obs/obs-studio/locale/en-US.ini
Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/locale.ini
Attempted path: /usr/share/obs/obs-studio/locale.ini
Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/themes/Default.qss
Attempted path: /usr/share/obs/obs-studio/themes/Default.qss
Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/license/gplv2.txt
Attempted path: /usr/share/obs/obs-studio/license/gplv2.txt
info: Processor: 4 logical cores
info: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz
info: Physical Memory: 7915MB Total
info: Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.0-36-generic
info: Distribution: "Ubuntu" "16.04"
obs: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libobs.so.0: undefined symbol: XGetXCBConnection
~$

0.15.4-488 works fine. Someplace in between is where it fell apart. Attached is a log file of a working session.

Attachments

• obs-log.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: