Question / Help Unreliable recording

Eric Buist

Hi,

OBS is less and less reliable. Regularly, it just records a still image with the audio. I then have to double-click on my scene and tick and untick Multiple monitor compatibility. I lost more than 15 minutes of game recording because of that, because there is no way to monitor whether OBS works or not. Often, recording is started and I don't know, or it is stopped and I think it is started. I don't have two monitors and don't have enough room on my desk to put one. Moreover, alt-tab just sucks all the times, switching to Firefox or Chrome instead of OBS.

So how do people use OBS if it is so unreliable? Do really people have to save their game before recording and be prepared to restore and rerecord an arbitrary number of times? Or is this yet another side issue caused by Windows 10, yet another happening after the fact, after a successful upgrade that initially went without problems?

How people are managing multiple windows if alt-tab just cannot switch reliably? I'm not getting HOW people can switch from one window to another if there is no reliable shortcut key allowing to do so!

ghack

OBS Studio has an intermittent problem recording audio along with the video. For me, it works about one time in four (and fails to record audio three times out of four). I have attached two log files, one good and one bad. How do i fix this?

Attachments

• bad_log.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 5
  • good_log.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 4