Question / Help Understanding NVENC H

Phetrix

Hello, I'm not very tech headed so please bear with me, I was under the impression that if you use NVENC it takes the load off of your cpu, I'm currently running a 1080 G1 Gaming overlocked edition and my cpu is i7 4770k @3.30 OC to 3.50 16GB RAM. I've been using NVENC at 6000 bitrate and it looks awesome at 1080 60fps and used to run well when live streaming. But recently it seems like OBS has started taking up a lot of cpu again?

I've added some browser sources and overlays to my stream recently and it seems to have changed since then, but as the title and first few lines mentioned I was under the impression that NVENC H takes the whole load off of your cpu?

n3v3rm1nd

Browser sources are your problem. They are not hardware accelerated as of now. NVENC only offloads encoding usage to the CPU. I only have two in szenes where i play and those are goals and running at 1fps, only the donation on is on faster frames. Everything else will take a big hit on your performance like the cup from streamlabs or any other source that has moving things in it.