Unable to use downscale filter with 1920x1080p resolution

yellow543

Hello, I recently had a problem with Obs this past week and it has been fixed but now I can’t seem to use the downscale filter using 1920x1080 resolution. I know why it doesn’t allow but the thing is that it still allowed me to use the downscale filter regardless and I’m not really sure if it’s because I deleted Obs cached and re installed it over and over. I also notice when I use the downscale filter with 1920x1080 as the canvas and overall resolution it is much more clearer and more sharper and just better quality overall.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The downscale filter is only available when your output resolution is lower than your canvas resolution.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If changing the resolution, yes. Scale filters only apply when changing from one resolution to another.

yellow543

Well how come I was able to use it despite both resolutions being the same and now I can’t, because they were the same resolution when it allowed me but I also go on YouTubers videos and they can do it? Like I said before when it was enabled it was very sharp and clear but since it won’t let me choose a downscale filter it is blurry

The picture I provided is from a video on YouTube that’s what it used to look like for me

Attachments

• E46D999A-80D4-4E9F-90B0-381538261210.png
    E46D999A-80D4-4E9F-90B0-381538261210.png
    863.7 KB · Views: 458

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You can no longer select it because people like yourself thought it made a difference when the resolutions were identical, when it actually did nothing. So now it's no longer an option to avoid misleading people.

yellow543

Oh ok I see it now appreciate you helping me with this I just recorded some bo4 league and it looks pretty good

RATHINAM

you can just double click the base resolution and change it which resolution you want like 720x576 1280x720 1080x1440