Unable to change recording location from default

shennyp

Hi all,

I have an unusual issue with my windows10 install of OBS. I have admin rights to the user but when I try to change the location of my recording under output settings I do not have an option to change the file location its all grayed out. I wanted to move the location to a secondary HD. All help appreciated . Please see attched images of screen shot.

Thanks

Attachments

• warning.png
    warning.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 414
  • record.png
    record.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 413

shennyp

Thanks for the reply the screen shot I showed is not when I am streaming. Thats how my screen always shows. Thats why I circled certain areas which the OBS thinks I am streaming. The streaming is off for sure

shennyp

Banyarola thanks for the reply
In advance settings it do not give any options to change the destination only file name format is available to me. My case the OBS thinks my video is all active which is why it does not allow me to change options as if I am live. And thats not the case.

Attachments

• Record.png
    Record.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 193

shennyp

Yes we are using NDI for all camera may be thats the cause. Checked output advanced that also will not give option to change. NDI may be the cause. How can I circumvent it to see if OBS allows the change.

shennyp

Yes finally found the fix it was what Tangential had mentioned about the NDI output under tools. Once I removed the check mark for NDI output I am able to change all video parameters including output resolution and storage location.