Question / Help Ubuntu 14.04 Server and VNC

Parab00n

Is it possible to be able to stream from Ubuntu Server with Unity Desktop and VNC server? So far I'm getting the error:

Code:
QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
Aborted (core dumped)

I'm pretty sure the error is due to there not being a monitor in place, was hoping there was a way I could have it use the VNC desktop instead.

hmm, this is an interested support request. ubuntu server doesn't contain X11 which is required for a desktop environment (GUI) which is required for using OBS. Maybe if you explain better what you want to do i can maybe help

Parab00n

I'm looking to be able to stream a Firefox or any other Browser session. We play a Football MMO game and during the games we have about 25 people that watch, comment, and BS during it on Twitch. The end result we want to be able to watch the game and have a chat room.

im sort of confused. you already stream to twitch a football mmo game and you have active chat during the game AND now you want to record what's being shown on twitch and it's chat and you want to record that?

Parab00n

im sort of confused. you already stream to twitch a football mmo game and you have active chat during the game AND now you want to record what's being shown on twitch and it's chat and you want to record that?

Sorry, explained it poorly. We stream it to twitch via my desktop. Ideally we would like to be able to stream it from the server and bypass my desktop altogether.