Question / Help Twitch Streaming Video Freezes but Audio Works Fine?

Matteroll

Hi guys, I recently tried to start streaming with OBS again which worked fine with this desktop a couple years back. After reformatting it last month and reinstalling all my programs again (note i barely use this desktop as i am overseas most of the time now), the video stream will freeze on twitch but the audio would be fine. I'm trying to stream CSGO and i tried it with window capture with borderless window and I also tried game capture. Below is the latest test log. I have also tried many other twitch servers but they all result in the same thing. Also, I have 1gbps down and 500mbps up for my internet.

Attachments

• 2015-08-09 01-47-16.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 123

Matteroll

Also, to add to this, when I meant freezing, the stream will show the initial picture of when the stream started and then it only stays at that while the audio will just stream normally. And when I start up the program I also get program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing (although OBS will then just open up normally). I tried reinstalling OBS but this keeps popping up. Any other way to fix this?

Matteroll

Game capture is what you should be using for that, not window.

Yes i did that too. I am just starting to think it is twitch sg servers, however, when streaming to hong kong servers, i get a huge amount of dropped frames and it causes the stream to buffer a lot.

Matteroll

FsFZKka.png

Got this for my tests. So.....it's supposed to work fine on singapore servers? I'm gonna try streaming to the sydney server and see if that is better.

Matteroll

Log file for streaming with sydney servers. Still same problem. Oh and the dll problem is gone now. Thanks for that harold!

Attachments

• 2015-08-10 02-15-11.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 26

Harold

If you're watching the stream and getting the circle in the middle of your feed, it's buffering because of bad routing from twitch's cdn servers to your computer.

Matteroll

Local recording seems to be just fine and works normally. I guess it has to be bad routing from twitch server as what Harold says.