Question / Help Turtle Beach Audio Wont Work

Evan Atlas

I am using turtle beach headphones and when i try to set them for the Desktop audio device, they don't appear there. Please help me

Evan Atlas

Yea I have wavtap installed, but how do I make it so I can hear the audio through my headphones? When I set Wavtap as the audio I can't hear anything... But obs captures the audio from the computer... Any suggestions?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Have you read the wavtap guide at all though? You're not muting your speakers or anything before switching to wavtap right?

The actual wavtap guide is here: http://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-capture-desktop-audio-on-mac.16491/

Note however that I have heard of issues that are specific to headphones, so if you can't get it working, you might have to uninstall wavtap (how to do so is in the guide), and then use soundflower instead, though soundflower is a slight bit more complicated.

Mumblies

Hi Jim,

I've had the same problem as Evan. I am using a Logitech USB Headset and in OBS with WavTap installed it registers the Desktop Audio but I cannot hear it through my headphones. I uninstalled WavTap and am going to try Soundflower next but have read that it does not work with OS X 10.9.4 which I am currently running now. Any insight on the matter?

cherrybrola

Yay, something I can help with. I had this issue when I was using FMLE and Cam Twist and I found a fix. It works for OBS too.

Open your launchpad and open the 'Other' folder. In there you will find Audio MDMI Setup. Open that app and click the little + at the bottom left. Then click create Multi-Output Device. This will create a new driver. Right click on it and select "Use This Device For Sound Output". Then make sure that WavTap (or sound flower if thats what you are using (however I've found WavTap to be more stable)) and Built In Output are both selected.

Now you will have to go into OBS and into settings then audio and make sure that the desktop audio device is set to WavTap. You will now be able to hear what is happening on your computer plus it will output to OBS.

The only downside is volume control is a bit of a pain. What I do is go into the MDMI and left click on WavTap and turn it all the way up (then control the output to OBS through OBS) and the same with Built in Output. (I have a secondary volume control built into my headphones) But you will have to see what works for you.

Nevertheless, that should get you started.

Joelk1982

Hi I am having a similar issue please help! I am using turtle beaches for my Xbox one and when using obs and sound flower I cannot get my voice audio from the turtle beaches to come through to my twitch stream. My mic lights up on my screen but no voice!!!

TheatreGirlKim

Yay, something I can help with. I had this issue when I was using FMLE and Cam Twist and I found a fix. It works for OBS too.

Open your launchpad and open the 'Other' folder. In there you will find Audio MDMI Setup. Open that app and click the little + at the bottom left. Then click create Multi-Output Device. This will create a new driver. Right click on it and select "Use This Device For Sound Output". Then make sure that WavTap (or sound flower if thats what you are using (however I've found WavTap to be more stable)) and Built In Output are both selected.

Now you will have to go into OBS and into settings then audio and make sure that the desktop audio device is set to WavTap. You will now be able to hear what is happening on your computer plus it will output to OBS.

The only downside is volume control is a bit of a pain. What I do is go into the MDMI and left click on WavTap and turn it all the way up (then control the output to OBS through OBS) and the same with Built in Output. (I have a secondary volume control built into my headphones) But you will have to see what works for you.

Nevertheless, that should get you started.

I have done this and I feel like it may have worked but whenever I try to play back the video, it is basically static. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

loveDBZ1

Hey, I installed WavTap because soundflower isn't available anymore I suppose. I have it installed, the icon showed up on the top right menu bar, but it won't show up in preferences when I try and select it for my Output option. Any advice?