Question / Help Trying to use OBS Studio for Facebook Live and it says "offline"

BrandyV

Hi. I am not technologically inclined, but I *am* trying to use OBS Studio to broadcast via Facebook Live (I am a total newbie and downloaded it last night), and I just can't get it to work. Facebook says "Offline" no matter what I do. I tried to put my logs through the log analyzer tool, but it rejects them as being "not complete." I followed the directions I found online, did my settings correctly (I think) and used the stream key given to me by FB.

Help? :)

Here is a log file from one of my more recent attempts.

Attachments

• 2016-06-30 19-13-46.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 21

BrandyV

So...I don't really know how to read log files, but I looked through the one I attached and wondered if this had anything to do with the problems I have encountered:

Code:
19:13:47.542: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/32bit/ffmpegsumo.dll' not found, loading of module failed
19:13:47.543: ---------------------------------
19:13:47.550: Loading module: image-source.dll
19:13:47.550: ---------------------------------
19:13:52.403: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/32bit/libcef.dll' not found, loading of module failed
19:13:52.403: ---------------------------------
19:13:52.411: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/32bit/libEGL.dll' not found, loading of module failed
19:13:52.411: ---------------------------------
19:13:52.561: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/32bit/libGLESv2.dll' not found, loading of module failed
19:13:52.561: ---------------------------------
19:13:52.597: Loading module: obs-browser.dll
19:13:52.597: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'obs-browser.dll'
19:13:52.597: ---------------------------------
19:13:52.611: Loading module: obs-ffmpeg.dll
19:13:52.612: LoadLibrary failed for 'nvEncodeAPI.dll', error: 126

Simes

If you don't have an nVidia graphics card, failing to load nvEncode is entirely normal. According to your first log, OBS connected and was streaming, and you stopped the stream after just over a minute. So as far as I can tell (and I'm not the expert) OBS didn't find anything wrong and was streaming fine.

Have you been through the troubleshooting steps at the bottom of https://www.facebook.com/facebookmedia/get-started/live/?ref=u2u ?

BrandyV

Thank you! That makes sense. So I guess my question would be: is that required for live streaming? Could that be my whole problem? I *did* make the assumption that because I can pre-record myself perfectly using OBS Studio, I would be able to stream on FB as well, but maybe that was a faulty assumption?

And yes...I went through those steps before posting here on the Forum.

Simes

Ah, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough. You don't need nvEncode, but OBS will try to load it because that's the only way to tell if it's available. And it being unavailable is reported in the logs for completeness' sake, but isn't automatically an indication that something is wrong. As far as I can tell (again not an expert) there's nothing in the logs to say that the stream isn't working.

Felipe Comparini

I was having the same issue, until I realize I was using an ad blocker on my browser. Apparently the ad blocker didn't allow the facebook preview player.... I tried again on Chrome, without any ad blocker, and the preview player appear without problems (without changing anything on OBS....)