Question / Help Trying to use Game Capture. I select the game in appellations after pressing injects, but it does not find a Source.

sternside

Trying to use Game Capture. I select the game in application after pressing injects, but it does not find a Source. Need help. The game is selected in the applications and even tried the launch syphon injects to inject that way and does not work. Never had this problem until the most recent update along with having overlay issues and now when obs starts to launch it makes the computer freeze for a few mins.

Narcogen

Game Capture (Syphon) has nothing to do with Elgato.

If you bought an Elgato to use with OBS on MacOS, you might want to get your money back. Most models (except supposedly the CamLink) don't have MacOS drivers so it can't be used with OBS-- you have to use their bundled software.

sternside

I just need OBS to either update again with the next update or figure out the problem. Can't stream any games unless I do Desktop Cap.

Narcogen

This is most likely not going to be fixed in the next OBS update, if indeed ever. Apple is abandoning the cross-platform graphics API that OBS on MacOS and SyphonInject depend on, after failing to maintain it for years. Eventually these systems would have to be rewritten for Metal to continue working, I expect, and as unlike OpenGL, Metal is only relevant to iOS and MacOS, it may not be worth the effort.

Most of the devs don't even have Mac hardware to develop or test on.