Trying to stream game play in VR

VR-

Good evening all,

I hope you can help and I am sure this has been asked before, but when I am streaming to YouTube, the window is much smaller. I am trying to stream in VR using OBS to record the gameplay. My main monitor is a 34" widescreen. Attached you can see what I am talking about. My source is Game Capture and Display Capture. For the video, I have the "Base" as 1920x1080 and even tried 3440x1440 with the same results and the output is 1920x1080. Downscale Filter is Lanczos. I am just starting out with OBS so if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. I am sure it's something simple that I am missing, but thank you in advance.

Attachments

• obs.PNG
    obs.PNG
    634.5 KB · Views: 25

qhobbes

Don't use Game Capture and Display Capture in the same scene.
It looks like the Game Capture is getting a 1280x720 capture. Try setting base and output to that.

VR-

Well just using game capture is just a black screen so that does not work. Remember, I'm trying to stream in VR so there has to be something else. I appreciate your help, but anything else I can try?

qhobbes

Remove Game Capture from your scene
Crop your Display Capture to the output and then adjust you base and output resolution to match.