Trying to get audio via OBS (not working with VAC)

crace_lunker

Hi! Brand-new OBS user having a problem with audio, hoping someone here can help me. I did look around for other applicable threads and found some, but still haven't been able to solve my problem.

I'm using OBS on my Windows 10 desktop to send video to Zoom, and it's working perfectly-- but without the audio, which I'd like to share too. Can't figure out how to share that.

I saw in other threads (including https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-as-an-audio-input-virtualcam-but-for-audio.116802/ ) that VB-Audio seems to be the way. Downloaded it, installed it, rebooted, and... no audio on my computer, period. Fiddled with the settings a little and couldn't get anything to work, so I uninstalled VB Audio and rebooted again, and that's where I'm at now.

I gather lots of other people are having similar problems. If anyone's figured out how to solve this one, I'd be real appreciative (and apologies if it's on here somewhere and I missed it). Thanks!

Zeros.81

• First, set your default audio device on Windows to your Speakers or Headphones.
  • Second, in OBS go to "Settings" -> "Audio" -> "Advanced" and set "VB-Audio cable" as your "Monitoring Device"
  • Third, enable Monitoring under "Edit" -> "Advanced Audio Properties" for your desired Audio Inputs.
This way VB-Audio cable will receive the audio from that sources and you'll be able to use in Zoom