Trouble with video scaling when streaming to Reddit

mccowandrummer

I use OBS to stream to reddit and I am having a really difficult time getting the video to work properly. I've done a bit of research and haven't found a solution and to be honest I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I bought a streaming webcam recently because the one built into the laptop was terrible. Now I can't get the video to fit into the preview box at all (It must not be a widescreen camera or something?) and when streaming to reddit it appears as a square with a black bar on one side. When the user has the video taking up their whole screen on a mobile device it gets all enlarged and zooms in and looks terrible.

Please for the love of god does anyone know how to set up the video so that it fits properly and doesn't look like trash?

Attachments

• 2020-09-25 15-06-52.txt
    54.2 KB · Views: 13

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Add the webcam to your scene, then right click it and choose "Resize output (source size)". This will match your OBS output resolution to the size of the source. If you still see black borders, they are being added by the webcam itself and you'll need to try changing the webcam resolution or just crop them out. Note that some streaming sites expect 16:9 or similar aspect ratios, so they may add borders too if your content doesn't match their expectations.