Question / Help Trouble with getting audio in OBS

DaveBassWindu

Hello. New member here. So I have OBS 0.16.2 on my 13-inch mid 2012 Macbook Pro and I am having issues with setting up the audio. I DJ and do live streams on Facebook. I used to use one of the smart phones I have laying about, till I discovered I could get better sound quality using OBS. Currently I have my mixer going to my Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 and the Focusrite connected to my MBP(Macbook Pro) via Firewire. OBS is not picking up the signal my mixer is sending to the Focusrite. Its definitely hitting my MBP because I am able to record my mixes that way. I was able to use a program called Loopback till the trial expired, but I shouldn't have to use something else to make this work right? Apparently the type of MBP I have it does NOT have built in line in, only a built in mic. That doesn't make sense to me because in the past I was able to record using the headphone jack that doubles as a line in. Anyone know how I can get this problem sorted? When I go to the sources section and configure "Audio Input Capture" the Saffire shows up as an option, but nothing happens when I play music. Help me please.

John R Walters

Im a new OBS user so not sure my input will be helpful but Apple has made it very difficult for people like us in the Pro world when they removed the standalone Line Input on the Macs. I've tried multiple methods as work arounds but most just really suck. Not sure if this is what you are asking but - The best and easiest method to get the Mac to recognize and external audio source is a XLR to USM Mic cable/adapter because they are generally recognized by the OS X and apps fairly easily and show up as USB Audio. These devices vary greatly and some are real crap - especially those tiny USB Line/Mic adapters. The quality of audio is not good. But the XLR to USB cable adapters seem to work well and since you have an Audio Board you should have an XLR Output. Hope this helps.