Question / Help TRAKTOR and OBS probleme ! CUE is going in PBS Master but not in my audio device

Kevain666

Hello all !
I have a problem.

I am using OBS using traktor, mixing with traktor s2 mk3.

All is good physcily but i have a probleme, when i press cue to listen in cask, i have sound going in OBS and my facebook live, but no in my room...weird.

I checked everything, and i don't know how to do.
My audio setup in obs is Speakers ( traktor control s2 ), so...

Sorry for my english i am french.

jcerobinson

Hi all! I'm having the exact same issues here.

I am trying to stream via Streamlabs OBS using my Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 (with Traktor Pro) -- all works perfecty, except the stream picks up my headphone mixer sound even when it is only enabled for myself.

Any idea how I can make Traktor and Streamlabs OBS not pick up my own headphone volume onto the stream?

I would expect it to only pick up the Master volume (not my own headphones when bringing a mix in, which I want to be able to only hear for myself).

I've done some Googling about various solutions, virtual cables etc. but I am rather lost as I don't see how the Phones Out can be separated from the Master audio?

Thanks so much in advance :)

AlphaT

Hey guys, got the same issue as well seems that my friens with an s4 find the solution but it didn't work for me with the s2mk3, so it's been like 3 weeks i'm browsing over the web to find something but nobody is answering anywhere... Btw my ouput/input routings are fine, just can't figure why the cue signal wich i do only hear in my headphone is send in the master output...
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thx

AlphaT

Hey guys, got the same issue as well seems that my friens with an s4 find the solution but it didn't work for me with the s2mk3, so it's been like 3 weeks i'm browsing over the web to find something but nobody is answering anywhere... Btw my ouput/input routings are fine, just can't figure why the cue signal wich i do only hear in my headphone is send in the master output...
Well guys, quick upload, i've fixed my problem
heres the solution whos working for me
on the native instrument site ( link below ) search s2 mk3 in the list, then get both Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 ASIO Driver 5.2.0 - Win
and Firmware Updater for Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 1.2.0 Win or this one for mac Firmware Updater for Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 1.2.0 Mac
this link comes from native instruments so it can be trusted, it worked for me, hopefully it gonna work for you too guys !

Partisan

Hey guys, I have the same problem - but I'm not using the traktor controller, I'm using a mixtrack pro 3 - any ideas?

tidyty

Are you guys following this guide?

If you are using Setup C, they actually made a typo which caused me to troubleshoot for a while.
If you are using Setup C, under the section "2. Creating a new Aggregated Device", step 2 says to:

"Click on the + logo at the bottom left of the Audio Devices window and select Create Multi-Output Device."
THIS IS INCORRECT.

You should actually select Create Aggregate Device, as the title heading shows. Heck, even the image shows the aggregate icon (which i didn't know). Once that is done, your setup should work.
Go back to Traktor preferences,
Audio Setup should use the traktor + soundflower combo.
Input Routing, I have monitor left & right; master left & right; traktor + soundflower out 0 & 1.

InigoMontoya17

My Traktor Pro v3 software keeps freezing with my S8 setup when I load the AGGREGATED DEVICE instead of the Multi-Output. Is anyone else having this issue? I had the same problem with no Input Routing originally.

Ruizinhu33

hey guys, can you help me ? i have ddj t1 with traktor and i tryed use obs but had the same problem with cue sound.
thanks

r0b0c0p316

Are you guys following this guide?

If you are using Setup C, they actually made a typo which caused me to troubleshoot for a while.
If you are using Setup C, under the section "2. Creating a new Aggregated Device", step 2 says to:

"Click on the + logo at the bottom left of the Audio Devices window and select Create Multi-Output Device."
THIS IS INCORRECT.

You should actually select Create Aggregate Device, as the title heading shows. Heck, even the image shows the aggregate icon (which i didn't know). Once that is done, your setup should work.
Go back to Traktor preferences,
Audio Setup should use the traktor + soundflower combo.
Input Routing, I have monitor left & right; master left & right; traktor + soundflower out 0 & 1.

Just joining the thread to say that I've also been having this problem. Notably, I've tried using setup A and setup C from the linked article, and both still result in the cue audio being transmitted to OBS. I haven't tried setup C since I'm using a Windows laptop, but I'm planning on trying to route audio using voicemeeter. What's strange is that if I have speakers connected to the master or booth outputs of my S4mk3 I don't hear the cue audio, only in OBS. Since I've tried two different setups/audio routing options, I'm inclined to believe the problem is within Traktor itself but I haven't figured out what is causing it yet.

r0b0c0p316

have you try the obs asio plugin ?
I haven't, didn't know this existed actually.
I've talked with some other streamers I know though and I think I have duplicate and/or 'hidden' audio sources from other OBS scenes. I think I'll just have to reset all my audio sources and start from scratch. If that doesn't work I'll look into this plugin.

r0b0c0p316

hidden audio sources from other scenes ? no the sources only activ when the scene is activ

have take a look on the S2 the S2 has only 2 audio interfaces 2x Stereo one as Master Output one for the Headphones.

its only a configuration problem but wihout you traktor config and the rest i cant say what it is !
looks like you use the headphone as desktop soundcard.

so obs is configured to use the default desktop soundcard its record this as you cue and add the main out too !
so you have the salat !

Disable all record sources in the OBS use as desktop soundcard you internal !

Create a Scene add a Audio output Capture select the master output of your S2 and try when this didnt work and you have set the Asio driver in Traktor use the OBS Asio Plugin !
I think my problem was that I had the desktop audio active in the scene but it was hidden from my audio mixer and I didn't realize it. I muted the default desktop audio and re-added my audio sources using the OBS ASIO plugin like you suggested and that seems to have fixed everything for me. Thanks for your help!

Leoaccorsi

Hello friends! I’m using a Traktor s4 Mk2 with vinyl mode ( not time code or controller) when I plug the cables into my MacBook Air (p2 input) with the obs, the sound signal pass through direct, I mean even if I turn down the volume or add an effect in the unit (s4mk2) , the sound continues to pass directly... do u know what can I do? I tried to choose different configurations but haven’t fixed yet... Thank you!

TheWorldOfRagus

Hi all, maybe I've lost my brain by all the research the last couple of weeks or I should throw away my qeuipment. :D

I am facing the same problem like some others here. Want to stream on youtube. Have downloaded OBW and - surprise - the CUE-sound is popping up during stream / recording. I have done like a million tries with ASIO and have found out, that the tunes then get a little "campfire-atmosphere", as it "cracks and creaks". But the problem with the pre-listening of other tracks (CUE) is still not solved whatsoever. The posting with the NI-suggestions above in thie thread didn't help either, though I have followed them step by step.

I am using WIN10 and Traktor Kontrol S2. Could anyone maybe put step by step, maybe with some pictures even, how to install the combination NI+ASIO+OBS in a way, that it could wok? It would be highly appreciated indeed. Thank you very much and prost from Munich.

thegoat0187

Could you find out the solution your friend used for the S4? I have an S4 and just can't seem to get it to work correctly.

TheWorldOfRagus

Hello again,

I have decided to give up on the OBS thing. However, I have found a solution, which is WAY easier to implement and to handle. AND: The "Cue-problem" is solved too.
A fellow DJ friend has recommended Manycam, which I have downloaded and tried. Calling myself a technical "no-knower", it took me less than 10 minutes to get that sorted out. Works perfectly with sound, independend from camera. Settings are done in ONE program only and therefore it's recommendable for sure.
It's free of cost in the basic scenario (up to 2 cameras) and you can use it either for streaming (youtube, twitch, facebook etc) or recording. Videos are in MP4 format, which most likely will help the youtubers here.
manycam.JPG

I have double checked with sound and video and it works perfectly.

Happy DJ'ing all

Last edited:

thatshype

Hey everyone! I see this thread has been dead for two years, so I hope someone has a clear-cut solution.
I am using a Traktor S4 MK3 and OBS studio.
My cur headphone sound has been coming through my stream, as listed on this thread.
I tried the voice meeter solution and could not get it to work.
My board is updated to the latest firmware.
I am desperate at this point! Does anyone have a solution for me? Thanks in advance.