(tiny)feature request

Mr. Nobody

media source properties window.PNG
Can you please add the option for "automatically start recording when I press the OK button" it will be very useful as for the explanation for why this is needed I will provide when asked since it is a long story....

Mr. Nobody

you see I have a video in the .264 extension that can be played by video players but cannot be edited or converted to other editable formats so I use OBS-MP to record it to .flv as shown in the image above it is perfect but I miss some footage at the start while I move the mouse to the record button as for how I got the .264 file in the first place I will explain when asked...

Last edited:

DEDRICK

Press record first then add the video? You know you can edit scenes while recording right? or you could use AVIGenerator

Also, if you disable/enable a media source it will start over, also possible to do while recording

.h264 or .264 is a DVR file extension, also used for surveillance footage, it is typically a video only stream

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

hoho you gave a lot of options OK then let's take it one by one shall we : AVIGenerator is useless in my case I know because I tried it before opening the thread as for the other methods are you sure they are working flawlessly...?(I haven't tried them yet) for now my solution is to add some useless footage at the start but it sure will be handy if we can get that little check-box to tick don't you think...?

Last edited:

DEDRICK

hoho you gave a lot of options OK then let's take it one by one shall we : AVIGenerator is useless in my case I know because I tried it before opening the thread as for the other methods are you sure they are working flawlessly...?(I haven't tried them yet) for now my solution is to add some useless footage at the start but it sure will be handy if we can get that little check-box to tick don't you think...?

Doesn't seem necessary, keeping it disabled then enabling it is how you do outro clips/scenes. What I could see more useful is "Add source disabled" so it doesn't immediately play when you add it

Mr. Nobody

Which is easier to implement in your opinion...? if you would rather not answer that's OK we will leave it to the developer to decide hey nice developer what is your opinion....?

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

I am starting to think about going back to the original OBS if the requested feature already exists there but can anybody confirm that.... please

Pimpmuckl

just use ffmpeg. you have a .h264 file already, OBS isn't needed what so ever for what you want to do
"ffmpeg -i input.h264 -c copy output.mp4"
should already be sufficient, maybe metadata is missing but you could easily convert it like this:
"ffmpeg -i input.h264 -c:v libx264 -crf 14 output.mp4"

Mr. Nobody

I do not like command line stuff anyway as mentioned in post number 5 (I guess) for now my solution is to add some useless footage at the start of the video just tell me how hard is it to add one little check-box if it takes too long then I am sorry for calling it little(keep in mind I do not mind waiting if I get a confirmation (at least) that this feature is going to be implemented) also I have a YouTube channel would you like to see it......?

Mr. Nobody

Wait wait wait is that another program just noticed my bad haha anyway I hope to get the confirmation soon so my YouTube release schedule wont get hurt you know

DEDRICK

ffmpeg is a command-line convert anything to anything tool(it does other stuff too), you might be able to use WinFF as well which is the GUI version of it

Mr. Nobody

It seems to work fine but I will do more testing and post the results the video seems fine for the most part but there seems to be some audio sync problems but don't mind me test it for yourself

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

Hello again long time no see! anyway here is an updated image...
Updated Window.PNG
personally I am happy with the changes thank you... about the "automatically start recording when I press the OK button " check-box are there any plans to implement it in the future I can wait but...

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
There are no plans to implement such a feature. The only plans are for better media controls.