Those that try to help others record or stream games with OBS usually leave key elements out

quotethis

Many will tell you if you're doing local recording, NVENC is the way to go because of not being much of a resource hog. Whether through OBS or Shadowplay, that's the way to go. I suppose that may be true, but it also depends on what you want. NVENC is proven to provide lesser quality when there are fast moving moments/objects, and a lot of foliage can be a big problem is well. This problem is slightly helped when you're recording at higher bitrates and resolutions higher than 1080p. For 1080p or lower, I think NVENC is only good for games that don't have a lot happening on screen.

The x264 option, whether streaming or recording, is a MUCH better option(if you're CPU can take the hit of playing while streaming/recording)for ANY game. If it can't, then yeah, I guess NVENC is the only option. Ryzen is such a blessing in a lot of ways and I feel fortunate enough to have one. I just think when tutorials are being made/explained, people should know this kind of thing.

With all of this being said, if money isn't an issue, the two PC setup is the best way to go for both streaming and recording.

Last edited: