The ultimate replay buffer suggestion

Pancake

The benefit of replay buffer is that a portion of ram is reserved in order to clip a predetermined length of video at any moment. It's an incredible tool that I use almost daily. With many computers now equipped with more ram, it would make sense to have multiple predetermined video lengths to choose from, so long as the necessary ram reserves were available. I am proposing an option to have multiple video lengths with different hotkeys in replay buffer. Previous 3 minutes? 150mb of ram. 30? 1,500mb of ram. 300? 15,000mb of ram. Or maybe someone would choose 6, 15 and 30 minutes.

TL;DR Add the ability to save multiple lengths of video in replay buffer with different hotkey assignments. It would allow for a diversity of clipping choices for those epic moments that transpired.

replay buffer suggestion.png

Cognonso

Good idea. I use OBS to capture clips from live events, and sometimes I need to save something that greatly exceeds my standard replay buffer length of 60 seconds. This would be a big help for me. If this is deemed to difficult/not feasible/whatever, then I'd suggest re-adding the old "Record from Replay Buffer" feature that was present in OBS Classic. That let you start a recording that also included the contents of the replay buffer after the recording was exported, effectively letting you start a recording minutes before actually hitting the hotkey.

Pancake

I hope we can get it eventually. I think it would drastically improve streamer and other content creator options.