The audio from the video in OBS is not playing in Zoom

psycfitness

I want to play a pre-recorded video from OBS into Zoom. See attached for the set up. I use the virtual camera to connect OBS to Zoom.

The video plays well - but I cannot hear the audio at all.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-27 111645 2.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-27 111645 2.png
    429.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot 2021-09-27 111626 1.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-27 111626 1.png
    630.5 KB · Views: 92

koala

Yes, this is because you need to get the audio "out of OBS" to reach Zoom, and feed to Zoom in addition to your physical Mic you configured in Zoom.
Usually, to get audio out of OBS, you configure a monitoring device in OBS audio settings, then activate audio monitoring for the media source in the advanced audio properties of OBS.

This will get your video's audio to some Windows audio device. Now you need to mix this audio with your physical mic, then feed the mixed audio to Zoom. If you don't do this mixing, your audience will not be able to hear your voice any more. The easiest way to do this is to use a virtual audio device as monitoring device such as https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm. It's a playback device as well as a mic device, so you can set it as mic device in Zoom. To add your physical mic to Zoom, activate the "Listen to this device" option in the Windows properties of your physical mic device and set the virtual audio device as playback destination.
An alternative approach for your voice is to record your mic within OBS as well, and activate audio monitoring for this mic device in the advanced audio properties of OBS as well. This way your voice is getting through OBS to the virtual audio device and you don't need to activate the "listen to this device" option in Windows.

This has been explained a lot of times, I'm sure you will find a bunch of guides if you need hands-on advice and what exactly to click.

psycfitness

Yes, this is because you need to get the audio "out of OBS" to reach Zoom, and feed to Zoom in addition to your physical Mic you configured in Zoom.
Usually, to get audio out of OBS, you configure a monitoring device in OBS audio settings, then activate audio monitoring for the media source in the advanced audio properties of OBS.

This will get your video's audio to some Windows audio device. Now you need to mix this audio with your physical mic, then feed the mixed audio to Zoom. If you don't do this mixing, your audience will not be able to hear your voice any more. The easiest way to do this is to use a virtual audio device as monitoring device such as https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm. It's a playback device as well as a mic device, so you can set it as mic device in Zoom. To add your physical mic to Zoom, activate the "Listen to this device" option in the Windows properties of your physical mic device and set the virtual audio device as playback destination.
An alternative approach for your voice is to record your mic within OBS as well, and activate audio monitoring for this mic device in the advanced audio properties of OBS as well. This way your voice is getting through OBS to the virtual audio device and you don't need to activate the "listen to this device" option in Windows.

This has been explained a lot of times, I'm sure you will find a bunch of guides if you need hands-on advice and what exactly to click.

psycfitness

This situation is different - I know how to set up a mixer in OBS to get it into Zoom. The issue is --> I have a PRE-RECORDED video in OBS selected as a "Local File" - the video is getting to Zoom fine but the audio is not - that is the issue.

Attachments

• OBS prerecorded.png
    OBS prerecorded.png
    562.8 KB · Views: 57

FerretBomb

So set the media source audio to Monitor Only in the Advanced Audio Properties, to have it routed to the monitoring device. As Koala said.

koala

Routing audio through the monitoring device and sending the monitoring device to Zoom makes the audio available for the Zoom users. You are still unable to hear it on your local system. But if you ask your Zoom participants, they will tell you they hear the audio.

If you want more fine-grained mixing and routing of audio, you need an external audio mixing software like voicemeeter: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/

artmoki

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. Hoping to use local video to teach my online classes via Zoom, but students can't hear the audio. Can you explain how you added VB audio?