The Age Old Thread: Web Cam Pixelation on Stream (General Advice Wanted)

bitsandglory

Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding web cam pixelation on stream (Twitch).

I'm currently running a 900P/60FPS stream with a 6,000 bitrate and I am an affiliate. My computer is good, but not great.

I understand that pixelation comes from higher movement scenes and deals mostly with bitrate.

Since I am already at 6,000 bitrate, how can I improve the pixelation? It's not terrible by any means... I've seen way worse. But it bothers me at times.

Would it be beneficial to just drop my stream back down to 720P/60FPS & lower my webcam resolution to 720p as well? Previously when I was running 720P/60FPS, I had similar pixelation issues, but I was only running at 4,500 bitrate compared to 6,000. Could the resolution drops + higher bitrate potentially solve the issue?

Computer Specs

computer-specs.png

Current Stream Specs

stream-specs.png

Current Web Cam Specs

webcam.png

bitsandglory

Also my apologies, here was my last log: https://obsproject.com/logs/MAtd-1rsOue7pG7p

The stream was an SNES game on emulator for the first part, second part was Dark Souls Remastered on Steam.

Two games that shouldn't be too CPU/GPU intensive.

EDIT: I also want to point out, this isn't specifically JUST the web cam. The game obviously gets pixely at times with lots of motion. Just the webcam is more pronounced.

Last edited: