Text Source Massively Broken In v25.0.8

Brotuulaan

The text source is massively broken in this version (v25.0.8). Some fonts show up just fine, such as the default Ariel. But other fonts present various bugs when set for the current text. These examples are with the text "Test" at the default centered, left-aligned.

When I change the font to my truetype garamond (which works in every other program I've wanted to use it in), it shows nothing in the preview window (but does in the sample window) and the layer size defaults to a skinny stick. I set the size to 72, for example, and the layer became 2.2683 x 81.6654. Yes, you read that correctly. When I change the font size to 300, the layer size changes to 2.2683 x 340.2724. I can drag the layer around if I don't grab one of the scaling nodes, but that doesn't do me any good because nothing shows on the screen. If I do grab a node, then it takes that basic ratio and expands it the hell out there or makes it disappear because it scales down. Grabbing (scaling) the 300pt layer, a quick grab just changed it to 0 x 40. Going to transform and resetting it to the above ratio then manually scaling it again brought it up to 46 x 6900.

Even some system fonts are acting up, such as changing it to Courier. I changed the font, then raised the font size (it defaulted right away to undefined in the font size option) to 300 to match-ish. When I went to scale it by dragging a node, it flew way off my canvas. The transform menu says it's currently 90001 x 59444. With other font sizes and center-aligned, it sometimes stretches Courier horizontally, so it's ridiculously off the screen on the right but completely visible vertically. I found a similar thread from earlier this year that had issues with scaling and such but found nothing there that seemed relevant. Here's a link in case someone wants to see that one: https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...een-shows-font-very-fuzzy.123874/#post-463130. At least my preview window is looking fine, but small font settings don't even let the text show up at all in the window even as I blow it way up in the transform menu.

Why the hell is this happening, and how the hell can I fix it? I need to make some training videos with basic titles up front. It's looking like I'm going to have to make them in GIMP and import them since the text source is so broken in OBS right now. And that's going to be a pain because now I can't use the same scaling system and have to measure the text sizes in the last videos to set the font to a similar size on-screen. I'll also have to save a template in GIMP and re-edit the image and all that whole process as opposed to simply editing the text in OBS for further videos. >:(

Here's the log if anyone can use it to pinpoint the issue: https://obsproject.com/logs/4qqMf9Ikc6-5u48b