Question / Help Text and Changing Source Sizes

derklempner

I use the Untamed Now Playing extension on Firefox to display the current song artist and title playing on-screen. The problem I'm having is that based on the length of the song title, the source's text box changes size. This means I can't set a specific boundary size for the text source as it grows or shrinks in length (the height stays the same). I am using a scroll filter as well, but I've been unable to determine what causes the source box to change size. I've tried changing the "Variable Maximum Length" in UNP's extension, plus the "Custom text width" setting in the source's properties.

Any help?

derklempner

Also, I saw this post from May 2013 discussing this same issue on the Windows version of OBS, but there's no "custom extends" option to set in the Linux multiplatform version.

derklempner

Okay, I figured it out after about another 10 minutes of fiddling around. The source filter for scroll has "Limit Width" and "Limit Height" options. I found the sizes for each I wanted and tried multiple song titles of varying lengths. The source box now seems to stay one size no matter how many characters are in the text source file.

Hopefully, this helps somebody else in the future.