Teleport install on Steam Deck

zombiefaace

So I have a Steam Deck, and I have OBS installed. I'd really like to setup Teleport on the Steam Deck in OBS so I can have my main gaming rig with a 2080TI and 5800X 3D doing the encoding. While the Steam Deck is a powerful little machine for what it can do with games, unfortunately it's in my experience not powerful enough to play the game and stream/record it at the same time. I've searched all over Google and can't find any guides on how to setup Teleport, but it does have downloads for Linux, can anyone confirm if it's compatible with Steam OS? And if you have it working can you please share the installation steps so that I can set it up? Thanks!

Shnookms

Don't know if you got this figured out yet. Just got this working, using it the other way if I'm understanding this correctly. (steam deck is recording my desktop). It works wonderfully and as long as the games are giving you about 5% of your cpu for the teleport stream you should be fine. I'll put a lot of detail into this just in case for someone who might be new.

1. Make sure you switched to desktop when you do this.
  2. Go get the teleport plugin and extract the obs-teleport.os file. Example: I extracted the file to my desktop.
  3. Right click the file location (somewhere on the desktop in my case) and find and click the option "Open Terminal Here".
  4. Enter next line without quotes.
  5. sudo mv obs-teleport.os /var/lib/flatpak/app/com.obsproject.Studio/x86_64/stable/a37151ee67ff0b18fee39468d48a4b928ea65e304422007cbf816e0b0fd64e37/files/lib/obs-plugins

This will move the teleport plugin to the proper location.
Reload obs and check your Tools tab, should find teleport there.
This took me a whole after noon to find were the flatpack location was for the plugins.

Hope this helps and let me know if anything goes wrong.