Question / Help TBS2603SE IP stream won't connect to Browser source

MikeSharp01

I am struggling to get this neat little device, TBS2603SE, to connect to a browser source in my OBS setup. I can see the stream via VCL software, very laggy, on the PC but using the same URL in OBS browser source results in a blank screen - VCL not running. Other sources EG IPWebcam show up fine. The only thing in the log file that looks like a problem is the VCL installation not found but I didn't think that was needed.

Any thoughts ideas about where to go next greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-05-05 11-22-03.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 10

MikeSharp01

I sort of solved this - basically used a multicast UDP scheme into media source with input format set to TS but you cannot get the lag down much below 1200ms using this solution. So it is no good if you want lipsync or anything like it. It is great as a feed from remote cameras & other HDMI devices. In the end I purchased a cheap game capture unit, so I effectively have an extra camera on the PC and it deals with the encoding - however the max distance the two can be apart is limited by HDMI cable length. That does the job perfectly although there are some qwerks with OBS there too but I can work around them.