Question / Help System Under Light Load Yet Dropping 10%+ frames?

legionary

I stream Raceroom (in spectator mode) to Twitch. I have a two-PC setup. The first PC (i7 4770k, 16gb @2400, GTX 970) runs my dedicated server, the Raceroom game, a directors UI app and OBS Studio. I capture the game and audio in OBS and send it to my second PC via NDI output.

My second PC (i9 9900k, 16gb 3200, GTX 1080Ti) does the encoding and streaming to Twitch. My output is set to 1080p60. It also has a few other apps running ie Streamlabels, Chatty and a couple of browser windows open.

It doesn't seem to matter what OBS settings I use but I always end up with a lot of dropped frames. At any given time neither of the machine's CPUs or GPUs are being overly taxed. In fact the faster of the two machines they rarely get above 30% capacity.

I've tried both CPU and GPU encoding, altered bitrates to between 4-6k and a host of other settings changes that I've had recommended but nothing has worked.

At the minute I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Any ideas/insights will be greatly appreciated.

Most recent log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/jBo3wVmEYCK-9_Ui