Question / Help Syphon Inject not displaying the application

Sevencps

So I'm trying to get syphon inject to open a game which i know it can open because it just started not working today but when i click inject it does nothing and shows up as a black screen it may have something to do with the new apple update but i am not clearly sure. Can somebody please help me I will provide screenshots if necessary thank you

Last edited:

PAJ

Can someone confirm if Mojave broke ALL syphon functionality in OBS or just syphon inject? Is OBS still working as a syphon client in Mojave?

Narcogen

I've actively stayed away from Mojave because of this (and other) issues so I can't confirm if Mojave can still be used as a Syphon client or server separately from Syphon Inject. I imagine that probably should work, hopefully someone else can confirm.

What I can say is that I wouldn't expect it to be fixed or even to continue to work, and for all parts of my pipeline that I used to use Syphon for separately from SyphonInject, I have actively worked to replace with NDI.

Narcogen

Not currently, and perhaps there won't be. SyphonInject depends on OpenGL which is currently deprecated. If Apple is successful in getting developers to migrate to Metal, which is what they want, SyphonInject won't have anything to work on, anyway, as it depends on OpenGL. Might need a whole rewrite, who knows.

PAJ

I am using audio visualisers that provide syphon feeds to OBS, would anyone running Mojave be willing to test in OBS?