Switching scenes puts video capture to black

Hi there,

I've just started using OBS a few weeks ago with its full functionality, and I've run into the following issue:
I have an ATEM Mini Pro connected and use that video input. However for different cameras connected to the ATEM I may or may not need a greenscreen filter. So I added 2 scenes and 1 separate Video Capture into each scene, both coming from the ATEM Mini. However in Scene A, I've added the greenscreen filter, and in Scene B I haven't, as I'm streaming my iPad screen into the the ATEM. When opening OBS, it only shows the camera image of the scene that is selected upon startup, and when I switch scenes, it doesn't show the camera image (all black).

It seems that when adding the same video capture device twice (not re-using the existing because I need the greenscreen filter in Scene A), OBS can only use one. Is this correct - is there a work-around anyone has used?
How do you use different filters on the same video capture?

Thanks a lot -Stephan

koala

You cannot add the same video capture device twice, because Windows allows access to one source. The other source gets black. OBS keeps open both sources, so one random source is always black.

Remove any duplicates, and remove any filters from the one remaining source. Then add additional capture device instances with the add existing option but don't apply any filters to it directly. For every instance you want to apply some filter but not to the other instances, put the source into a group and add any filters to the group. This way the filter is not reflected to any other instances of the same device.

If you need to crop the source, don't add the crop filter but press and hold down the ALT key and drag the source border with the mouse to crop. This crop variant isn't reflected by the other instances of the source.