Bug Report Surface Pro Camera Issue

karaokelove

When I first turn on OBS after starting my Surface Pro 3, the front camera will work. But as soon as I make any changes (including turning the camera off and back on, switching to rear camera and back, or turning OBS off and back on), the camera light will come on but it will only display a black screen. No amount of additional changes will fix the issue except for a restart of the entire surface pro.

The only weird thing I've noticed is that if I go into the Video Capture Device settings, it will be set to rear camera. I'll set it to Front Camera, which doesn't fix the issue, but if I hit the "refresh" button in the settings, it will always revert to Rear Camera. This leads me to believe that OBS is still trying to read the Rear Camera for some reason, even though it will still turn on the front camera of the surface pro.

Also, all privacy settings for the camera are open, and no other program is using the camera. When I do Record, Stream, or Preview, the light for the camera will come on (the light that indicates the camera is in use), but just displays a black screen. Any advice would be appreciated.

(I'm posting this from my desktop pc. I'll post a log as soon as I'm able to get back on my surface pro tonight.)