Question / Help Surface Book Audio & Webcam Problems

averry

Well....for starters...

OBS multiplatform WILL NOT record audio. Man...I tried everything...though not necessarily through the logs....desktop audio recording, microphone recording, el gato HD60 recording...NOTHING. Meanwhile, I have everything set up the same on my desktop and it all works just fine in the 32 bit version. I was pulling my hair out.....

Meanwhile....when I pop the webcams up on the surface book in OBS MP they look really janky, like they have art sorts of weird artifacting and color issues....like the image was put through a scrambler...video capture from other sources looks fine...but it WILL NOT RECORD AUDIO even though the audio levels look like they're working. I can even pull the audio off the el gato and play it through the desktop audio but it wont' record it....and I tried EVERY FORMAT and tried converting, and VLC, and Windows this and that. For the record I'm a professional video editor, and pretty adapt at troubleshooting problems...but this has gone beyond me.

But the fact that its the webcam & the audio issues.....and the fact that the Surface Book...on occasion....becomes a steaming pile....I'm just not sure.

Have there been documented cases of specific hardware or laptops just not working right? I'd be curious if Microsoft ever updated the hardware and drivers just right it if it would suddenly work or not?

I HAVE tried the original OBS on it, and I'd have to get back to you on the audio issues, but the webcams looked fine, which I find incredibly confusing.

Hopefully I did the thing with the logs right.

Attachments

• 2016-01-09 22-00-30.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-01-09 22-09-08.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2016-01-09 22-15-52.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 2016-01-09 22-22-09.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2016-01-09 22-23-06.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 5

averry

Okay, so....the webcam looks fine in the old OBS...AND it records audio on the Surface Book. It was a little out of sync, but maybe I screwed something up in the settings but it works.

I can use el gato's capture software fine as well...but I like OBS multiplatforms capture options better....so I was dead set on solving all of this. :(

I appreciate all the work you guys' put in, believe me most of my frustration is at the lack of trust I have in the Surface Book at this point.