Support for Open Sound System

xylemon

I use Open Sound System 4.2 and I can't seem to record any audio. Under audio devices I can't select anything. Is there any support for OSS4? And if not could there be? It's still used by a number of Linux and Unix users to this day.

i doubt they'll add support for OSS but that's just my opinion. now days it's either JACK or Pulseaudio. You'll need to install pulseaudio if you want to use obs sorry to tell you that. Unless you can figure out how to get OSS to emulate a pulseaudio sink so that it shows up in obs but i doubt that's even a thing

xylemon

i doubt they'll add support for OSS but that's just my opinion. now days it's either JACK or Pulseaudio. You'll need to install pulseaudio if you want to use obs sorry to tell you that. Unless you can figure out how to get OSS to emulate a pulseaudio sink so that it shows up in obs but i doubt that's even a thing

Well I guess I'll have to change this to a feature request. There are ways of getting OSS4 to work with PulseAudio, but I refuse to install that piece of software and I don't care to have JACK installed when OSS4 is sufficient. I really hope to hear back from a developer with a decision to add support.

Oh, well I used the forums because I read this off the Github page:

If that's changed, then I have no problem reporting this on their mantis page.
ahhhh, good read there. sorry, don't post a feature request to mantis, i guess that's only for bugs.