Question / Help Support for multi-monitor systems without Xinerama?

apemax

Hey. :)

I was just wondering when/if OBS was going to support multi monitor setups without requiring Xinerama be enabled?

I've had to disable it at the moment as I've been having a few issues with it enabled. I was just wondering how far along down the line it was planned/if it was planned?

Thanks. :)

NoXPhasma

I'm using a Dual Monitor setup with an Nvidia card. In the Xorg.conf Xinerama is set to 0 and everything is doing well.

apemax

Are you running two xscreens though? I'm running two xscreens as things don't go fullscreen properly.

maybe you worded your question wrong but I am running a dual monitor setup (nvidia blob) and don't use Xinerama either and everything works just fine. I'm running twinview like NoXPhasma.
From what i read Xinerama and Twinview are very similar it's just Twinview is Nvidia own technology for using 2 monitors to make a single desktop. Is there a reason you want 2 seperate X servers running? So you can't drag a window from 1 desktop to the other can you?

NoXPhasma

Btw, if you have problems with fullscreen on some games with only one xserver which use old SDL1, you can try to add this to your ~/.profile file:
export SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_DISPLAY=0

apemax

maybe you worded your question wrong but I am running a dual monitor setup (nvidia blob) and don't use Xinerama either and everything works just fine. I'm running twinview like NoXPhasma.
From what i read Xinerama and Twinview are very similar it's just Twinview is Nvidia own technology for using 2 monitors to make a single desktop. Is there a reason you want 2 seperate X servers running? So you can't drag a window from 1 desktop to the other can you?

Ah I haven't tried Twinview but seeing as it seems to be working for you I might give it a go. Running two xscreens is just easier when it comes to compatibility with programs/games.

Btw, if you have problems with fullscreen on some games with only one xserver which use old SDL1, you can try to add this to your ~/.profile file:
export SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_DISPLAY=0

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a go if I run into those issues again. :)

I'm actually quite intrigued to know why OBS doesn't work with multiple xscreens now.