Question / Help Super Basic Question on screen sharing from another macbook

cham123

I'm planning to use OBS to stream a webinar type of event where we show content on our laptops. The presenter, who will have his own laptop would be presenting something. Ideally, I would just like to have his desktop (on his own macbook) as video input into my laptop where OBS is running. Does OBS support something like that?

I imagine that I could plug a lightning cable into his laptop, and also mine, use that as a video input into OBS and stream that?

Does that make sense and is that even possible?

Narcogen

No. But there are options.

1. The presenter can allow Screen Sharing on his MacBook. Another MacBook on the same network will be able to observe his screen, and you can capture that with either window or display capture in OBS on your MacBook.

2. You can install OBS on both laptops, as well as the NDI plugin. Set OBS to capture the presenter's screen and turn on NDI output. Then you can use OBS on your own MacBook, again on the same network, and add the first MacBook's NDI feed as an input source.

https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases/tag/4.1.3

peterjobo

Or you could get a Black Magic Designs Ultrastudio recorder and connect it to the thunderbolt port on the OBS Mac. The output of the other computer connects to the HDMI input of the recorder.