[Suggestion] Name recordings upon creation

Ryarod

Hello. A thus-far very satisfied user here.

Now, I've been doing quite a bit of recording with this program, and so far the job's been a good one.

This being said, I tend to do multiple recordings in a row, and I must admit that I allow myself to sometimes get lazy and just stop the recording and start a new one without going to the file I've designated them to go to.

This can result in a number of video files marked purely by number for me to identify and name myself. This can take a while, especially as I don't have a device or program that can play FLV; I need to convert the video, then watch it for a reminder of which it was, then rename the converted video and the original, and possibly make a new conversion of the original recording so it will work for my editing program.

I know I really shouldn't belly-ache, but I have to say this is a bit of an inconvenience. I'd like to be able to simply name the clips myself between recordings.

I'd like to suggest that a toggle-able option for a pop-up box allowing us to do this be implemented, and programmed to by default come up at the conclusion- or, possibly, at the beginning- of a given recording.

If this is already in place, I apologize for the thread, and request to know how to access/toggle this feature.

DukeNukem

I modded OBS classic to replace $x with the scene name to achieve something like what you wanted. I was trying to do the same to OBS Studio but ran in to a problem when making the visual studio files.

Would appreciate it if something similar or the same as my solution was added to OBS Studio

:)

Claydood

Yes, being able to name recording would be amazing. Would be nice to have a text box just above the record button to type in a name.