Stuttering after a few minutes of recording

breds

So I've been changing my settings and testing them and everytime I record, it stutters after 4 or 5 minutes.

Like it doesn't even lag or stutter when I record but when it hits that 4 or 5 minute mark it becomes very laggy and overloads the encoder??

How do I fix this?

LeoGeo

Same here. I bought a 4090 and am recording 4K/60 at 20-30% 3D load and 18% Encoder load (Fallout 76) with no render or encoding lag - smooth as hell. Even in fast paced action scenes. But after a while (4-6 minutes - sometimes 10-15) my preview starts to stutter for about 30-45 seconds and even my recording starts to stutter at these parts. Even in very slow walking scenes. After that sometimes i get 30-40 minutes perfect recording, till the stutter is back.

I tried EVERYTHING in the last 4 weeks, but nothing helps.

Very frustrating. IMO - It is an OBS / Nvidia compatibility issue for a specific type of setup.

Obs 29.1.2 Hotfix Changes
Adjusted GPU priority level when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling (HAGS) is enabled in Windows settings [derrod]
This fixes OBS freezing and driver crashes that some users experienced when using NVIDIA Audio Effects filters
We will continue to work with NVIDIA to determine the root cause of these issues and revisit this change at a later date.

I hope, that "These issues" our problem contains and that they can fix it soon.