Question / Help Studio mode doesn't respect changing scene collection

MarksPolakovs

Reproduction steps:
  1. Have two or more scene collections
  2. Go into studio mode.
  3. Switch scene collections
Expected behaviour:
While the preview switches scene collections, the output doesn't until I click "Transition".
Actual Behaviour:
Both the preview and output switch scene collections.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
I can't reproduce this. Switching scene collections in studio mode switches both the preview and the output.

I can't reproduce this. Switching scene collections in studio mode switches both the preview and the output.

That is a reproduction of the error. Output shouldn't change until you click Transition, currently it changes immediately when the scene collection is changed.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Changing a Scene Collection also means that old sources as well as scenes are destroyed to "make up room". So currently it works as intended. But I can understand why you would want to load a collection.

Let's say you have different collections for different games. But you want to change something in the "new" scene collection before putting it live and without having to shut down your stream. The biggest problem I see are conflicting sources that could exist in both collections.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Ah sorry, I misread, and Jack0r gives a good explanation of why it wouldn't work well. Also your audio devices and audio settings are tied to the scene collection, so what you suggest would be even more complicated. Being able to change scene collections while live is a nice addition to OBS but (at least at this point) isn't meant to be used in conjunction with studio mode.