streaming video is choppy

Scoty

The issue is in the stream as well as the recording. The video is somewhat jerky, especially when there is a lot of movement. It looks to me like there are frames missing, but no dropped frames are indicated. Is this the nature of streaming? When I used a previous setup, with a less powerful computer, and recorded without streaming, the video looked good. Thanks for your help.

Fitey

what fps are you recording/streaming in?

check the "Output" settings

it should be at 30 fps if you are using a camera or 60 fps or higher if you are recording gameplay

qhobbes

Your log shows fps: 59.94 for your camera:
09:01:54.056: fps: 59.94 (interval: 166833)

Try setting this and your common FPS value (in Video settings) to 29.97. Also run OBS as Admin.

Scoty

Thank you for your responses!

I will adjust the frame rate and try varying the bitrate. I will also run OBS as Administrator.

I really appreciate the help!

Scoty

I had not seen the Log Analyzer. When I run it I get the warning:

Warning Integrated GPU
OBS is running on an Intel iGPU. This hardware is generally not powerful enough to be used for both gaming and running obs. Situations where only sources from e.g. cameras and capture cards are used might work.

I am using a camera and a capture card, so maybe this is ok? Should I switch to the software encoder?

Fitey

I had not seen the Log Analyzer. When I run it I get the warning:

Warning Integrated GPU
OBS is running on an Intel iGPU. This hardware is generally not powerful enough to be used for both gaming and running obs. Situations where only sources from e.g. cameras and capture cards are used might work.

I am using a camera and a capture card, so maybe this is ok? Should I switch to the software encoder?
if you're using a CPU with an integrated GPU you'll already be using the x264 encoder?

increase the bitrate and lower the fps

also try closing all your other windows