Question / Help Streaming To Facebook & Twitch Using OBS

kevilay

Hey Guys,

Im all setup streaming on twitch and its been great. OBS is awesome. I would like to be able to stream to facebook live at the same time. Is this possible?

carlmmii

OBS is only set up to stream to one place at a time. This is what services like restream.io are designed to handle.

It is possible to run one instance of OBS with an NDI output, and then run 2 more instances in portable mode that just have the NDI source, each broadcasting to their respective destination (twitch for one, youtube for the other). This would honestly be the simplest way to handle things locally if you don't want to use restream.io or another external service.

Keep in mind though, each instance of OBS will require all the resources necessary for scene rendering and encoding, so this is not something that is really within the normal use case for even higher end systems.

tl;dr use restream.io for the easiest experience. If you need higher quality/lower latency, then there are ways to do it.

Dihelson

OBS is only set up to stream to one place at a time. This is what services like restream.io are designed to handle.

It is possible to run one instance of OBS with an NDI output, and then run 2 more instances in portable mode that just have the NDI source, each broadcasting to their respective destination (twitch for one, youtube for the other). This would honestly be the simplest way to handle things locally if you don't want to use restream.io or another external service.

Keep in mind though, each instance of OBS will require all the resources necessary for scene rendering and encoding, so this is not something that is really within the normal use case for even higher end systems.

tl;dr use restream.io for the easiest experience. If you need higher quality/lower latency, then there are ways to do it.

I do that with an old Intel i7 2600k 16Gb ram with no problems, just configuring correctly. 3 instances, one NDI and two portable to broadcast to each platform.

kevilay

I do that with an old Intel i7 2600k 16Gb ram with no problems, just configuring correctly. 3 instances, one NDI and two portable to broadcast to each platform.
How is this done? Are there any guides for it?

I looked at restream but to stream it to my"racing page" it says I need apremium sub. Which is not overly cheap

Dihelson

How is this done? Are there any guides for it?

I looked at restream but to stream it to my"racing page" it says I need apremium sub. Which is not overly cheap

In one of my posts, I wrote a complete guide to do it. Just search in my posts, please. If I find it, I post here.