Question / Help Streaming Through Microsoft Teams

adhaas85

I've gone through Microsoft's how-to https://resources.techcommunity.microsoft.com/live-event-with-obs/ and when I click "Start Streaming" I get a "Failed to connect to server" notification.

I've tried using the SSL server and using my O365 credentials for authentication, and I've tried using a stream key or not. I always get the same error. Has anyone been able to do this?

I looked through the log and the things that stick out are that the server I'm providing is "offline" and "(ECONNREFUSED)"

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The guide is for Microsoft Streams, not Teams. If you want to use OBS output in Teams you likely need the Virtualcam plugin.

adhaas85

The guide is for Microsoft Streams, not Teams. If you want to use OBS output in Teams you likely need the Virtualcam plugin.

Sometime between this post and COVID-19, it started working just fine with the virualcam plugin. Forgot to mention that I already had it at the time of posting.

Luca Vitali

That's not correct, the article is about Microsoft Stream AND Microsoft Teams Live Event streaming with OBS.
There are also link to how to use OBS, NDI and Teams (not Live Event in that case).
Best. Luca