Streaming stutters on a 144hz monitor

Inchi

I've looked around the forums and I honestly have no idea what to do. My stream gets random stutter every few seconds and I wouldn't have thought this would be a hardware issue. I'm trying to stream in 1280x720 / 60fps, Base Resolution being 1920x1080 (Also tried base being 2k but that didn't help).

Current specs:

i7-7900k
RTX 2070S
16GB Ram
Dual Monitor Setup, 60Hz 1080p and 1440Hz 2K

Things I have tried so far:
- Game Mode Off
- OBS in Administrator
- Setting 144Hz monitor to 120Hz (I tried it in 60Hz and it still continued to stutter, plus I'd preferably not want to do it in 60Hz when I have a 144Hz Monitor)
- Lowering the Bitrate, Increasing the Bitrate
- Changing the Preset
- Turning off Psycho Visual Turning

I honestly have no idea what to do. Please anyone help!

Attachments

• 2020-09-24 17-47-47.txt
    61 KB · Views: 44
D

Deleted member 121471

Update Windows to v2004, as it fixes a longstanding issue with multi-monitor setups with different refresh rates.

You have too many capture sources in the same scene, try to limit yourself to only 1 per scene.

Use NVENC, "Quality" preset, disable Lookahead and Psycho Visual Tuning.

Base canvas equal to game monitor resolution, downscale to 1080p under OBS settings--->Video, NOT under OBS settings--Output.

Cap your FPS to 120 for frame timing consistency (120FPS gameplay divides evenly to 60FPS capture, while you can maintain said FPS).

Disable/remove antivirus and antimalware, as they can cause performance issues. Up to date Windows Defender suffices for the vast majority of cases, as along as you exercise common sense while browsing the internet.

Not sure if it's still the case but I recall having issues capturing some games in DX12, as well. I don't have the time to test this right now to confirm if it has been improved upon.

Last edited by a moderator: