Question / Help Streaming settings

Veredro

Hi There,

Is there a solution to find the correct settings based on my PC configuration ? So that I don't set it too high ?

The reason I'm asking is because I recently received my new computer for gaming/streaming (Ryzen 7 3700X & RTX 2080 Super). During 2 days I was able to stream in 1080p/60fps with NVENC new, I had no idea if I could use those settings but I tried and it worked just fine, so I left it like this. But after 2 days I got an issue after around 45min of streaming, Twitch deemed the bitrate unstable and the stream ended. However OBS was still running and still "streaming", 0 frame drops. I managed to turn it back on after a reboot but since then I cannot get it running longer than 45sec.

I have a good connection, 400 Mbps upload, so this is not the issue. After this event I had many artifacts while playing which led me to believe the GPU have a factory default and it's currently being replaced so this might be the reason of the whole thing but I can't help but wonder, is it possible to damage the GPU if I set the settings to high ?

Unfortunatly I don't have the OBS logs because I can't currently use my new PC, only thing I can see is Twitch Inspector, and it's saying "Audi/Video configuration" problem.

Veredro

TryHD

giphy.gif

Come back with a log

Veredro

Got it, will do once I receive my new GPU. But right off the bat, do you think those settings are too much for my GPU to handle ? And is it actually possible to damage a GPU by settings too high ?

koala

It's not possible to damage hardware by overloading it, unless the cooling system is inefficient or damaged.
To get appropriate settings for your hardware, use Tools->Auto Configuration Wizard.

SpectreKid

Hi There,

Is there a solution to find the correct settings based on my PC configuration ? So that I don't set it too high ?

The reason I'm asking is because I recently received my new computer for gaming/streaming (Ryzen 7 3700X & RTX 2080 Super). During 2 days I was able to stream in 1080p/60fps with NVENC new, I had no idea if I could use those settings but I tried and it worked just fine, so I left it like this. But after 2 days I got an issue after around 45min of streaming, Twitch deemed the bitrate unstable and the stream ended. However OBS was still running and still "streaming", 0 frame drops. I managed to turn it back on after a reboot but since then I cannot get it running longer than 45sec.

I have a good connection, 400 Mbps upload, so this is not the issue. After this event I had many artifacts while playing which led me to believe the GPU have a factory default and it's currently being replaced so this might be the reason of the whole thing but I can't help but wonder, is it possible to damage the GPU if I set the settings to high ?

Unfortunatly I don't have the OBS logs because I can't currently use my new PC, only thing I can see is Twitch Inspector, and it's saying "Audi/Video configuration" problem.

Veredro
What you're saying sounds like it's not an OBS problem, but more of a stream problem. Twitch has a bitrate cap of 6mbps, and while you may be able to squeeze a little bit more bitrate, say 7mbps, Twitch will terminate your stream if it is significantly over the bitrate cap. Come back with a log, and we can help further. If your bitrate is over 6mbps, which is the safe, go-to bitrate for 1080p60, then that could be the culprit, so turn it down to 6mbps (6000 in OBS.)

Technically your hardware is not the problem here. You said you have a 400mbps upload, so maybe you were trying to push 400mbps to Twitch XD? Turn it down to 6mbps if it's over, and give us a log, and we'll be happy to assist you.