Question / Help Streaming & Recording

johnpops

When I record everything looks and sounds good. However when I try and do both live stream & recording the delay in the live stream is now picked up on the recording. Is there a way to record but not have the delay from the live stream picked up ?

Narcogen

Can you be specific by what you mean by "delay"? If you're streaming, it is normal that there will be delay between when you stream an action from your computer and when audience members see it.

If you mean that there is desynchronization between your video and your audio, that's something else.

johnpops

This is the first time I have streamed live. I didnt know there would always be a delay. So If I also record is there a way to record and stream without having the delay show up on my recording.

Narcogen

I think I still don't know what you mean by delay. If you record and stream simultaneously, you are recording exactly what you are streaming. Your audience sees what happens in your stream after you see it-- as low as 1 second later with platforms like Mixer that use FTL, or up to 20 seconds later on Twitch or YouTube, depending on your settings.

When you play back your recorded file, you're looking at the footage of your stream, as it happened. When playing that back, what are you seeing that you are calling "delay"?

johnpops

I think I still don't know what you mean by delay. If you record and stream simultaneously, you are recording exactly what you are streaming. Your audience sees what happens in your stream after you see it-- as low as 1 second later with platforms like Mixer that use FTL, or up to 20 seconds later on Twitch or YouTube, depending on your settings.

When you play back your recorded file, you're looking at the footage of your stream, as it happened. When playing that back, what are you seeing that you are calling "delay"?

Thanks for clarifying
I am seeing the 20 sec delay that happens on the live stream when I play back the video .

Narcogen

How are you seeing it? What is happening 20 seconds apart that you are categorizing as a delay?