Question / Help Streaming/Recording or just having obs open make my game drop frames and stutter HELLPPP!

Chesygemingxd

This is absolutely driving me insane!!! just a couple months ago I got new parts for my system and I was really excited since I thought I would finally be able to stream without having any frame drops and stutters while playing and the stream or recording itself wouldn't be choppy either (I used to have a radeon r9 270x and a fx 6300 with 8 gigs of ddr3 ram which i eventually upgraded to 16 it was pretty much a budget build) but I was wrong. More than a year ago I upgraded to an Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6gb OC my new parts I got a couple months ago are the i5 7600k and I now have 8 gigs of ddr4 ram since my new motherboard I got aswell only supported ddr4 plus the CPU aswell. I started my first stream (playing PUBG) after making sure all of my settings were good, the game would stutter a bit (last time when I tried streaming with my old parts it did the same thing but this time with the new parts it wasnt as bad) until I took a look at the stream on twitch and it was just awful. My friend who I helped pick parts for his system also streams but it never stutters for him (he has a Asus ROG GeForce GTX 1070 strix and a ryzen 5 1600X with 8 gigs of DDR4 ram) and the stream looks Flawless and another friend of mine has the exact same GPU I have and has no problem with streaming which makes absolutely no sense(I will edit once he tells me what CPU he has). back to the story though, It lagged all over the place pretty much freezing in different places in the stream so after trying to fix it it still didn't work so I just gave up until a couple weeks ago. Not long after trying to stream PUBG I stopped playing it and now of course Im playing Fortnite and this time when I stream it never freezes but here's where the stuttering problem comes in again. When I just have OBS open when its not recording or streaming my game stutters and in some parts of the map it stutters BAD even in pre-game. When I start recording or streaming its the same thing. Ive turned my settings down, turned the 3d resolution down, turned the resolution of the game down, turned the preview screen on obs off, turned the bitrate down in OBS, Messed with the CPU Usage setting in OBS, Used the NVENC encoder and they all don't work. The ONLY thing that worked was turning on Vsync in Fortnite and yes it did help but there is no way im playing a Battle Royal with Vsync on because of the mouse delay. My monitor is 60hz and my game is capped at 60fps all the time but I dont think that would be an issue. I swear Ive been cursed but if anyone were to help me you'll be considered as a god to me

Harold

Turn Windows' gamedvr off
Remove the display capture source
Turn off nvidia's in-game overlay in geforce experience's settings

Chesygemingxd

Turn Windows' gamedvr off
Remove the display capture source
Turn off nvidia's in-game overlay in geforce experience's settings
Sorry I haven't posted in forever but taking out the display capture really helped but for some reason when I turn off Windows Gamedvr or at least I think I have it stills says its on I have looked up how to turn it off but all of the tutorials are old and outdated and since then Microsoft has updated the settings so it looks different would you have any idea why it still says its on when Im pretty sure its all turned off?

SumDim

Several months ago I found a source code bug having to do with the reporting of Game DVR settings. It was an esoteric bug in the initialization of the C struct that held that information. Don't recall if there was a fix made but the reporting was wrong.

Chesygemingxd

Ok im back again and with the same problem im streaming with the lowest settings on fortnite im outputting to 720p and i still drop below 60fps and it stutters like shit and its seriously annoying the hell out of me theres no way a 1060 6gb card with an i5 7600k should be having problems with streaming and playing a game that when on low settings looks like absolute shit i need help pls oh and obs doesnt drop frames when i stutter just the game when streaming or recording or just having it open