Question / Help Streaming & Recording in x264? Lag- and Problemfree?

tritorius

Heyho,

So i was wondering that i want to start recording my stuff now and i think my streaming settings are not bad in general:
i use a 900p rescale from 1080p base canvas
with CBR 6000 bitrate
Main profile
Keyframe 2
and CPU preset on Medium.
So in General nice.

Now about the recording i was trying some stuffs and i realised i used some older settings which rescaled my 1080p to 720p and then back up to 1080p for recording and 900p for streaming… yeah that was not good.
But now for the recording settings, is it possible to stream and record with x264 at the same time?
My Settings for recording look like this now:
No Rescale so it takes the original base canvas of 1080p i guess?
CBR with 40.000
Is 40.000 good or can i go higher? What is an adequat bitrate for recording in 1080p or is it even necessary to go higher / lower?
Keyframe 2 again.
Was always the recommendet setting for it.
Profile main
Is there a difference in recording if i go high? Only heard it would be troublesome for streaming.
CPU Preset medium.

About the CPU Preset i don’t know if Streaming and Recording in Medium would be overburdening my CPU. Only Recording took 30% of my CPU in maximum so i might consider setting the preset of either or both to a higher one, any recommendations about it?

To give more insight i post some of the keyspecs of my pc:
Threadripper 3960x, 64Gb RAM, GTX1080 and enough HDD space.
About NVENC i really don’t want to use it because if i played games which use most of my GPU it started lagging or frames dropped idk why because it always says NVENC encode and using the GPU for games are different things but i think it’s not entirely true…

So Thanks in advance for Answers and Sorry for the long post
*Imagine Potato at the End*

Kendragon75

Heyho,

So i was wondering that i want to start recording my stuff now and i think my streaming settings are not bad in general:
i use a 900p rescale from 1080p base canvas
with CBR 6000 bitrate
Main profile
Keyframe 2
and CPU preset on Medium.
So in General nice.

Now about the recording i was trying some stuffs and i realised i used some older settings which rescaled my 1080p to 720p and then back up to 1080p for recording and 900p for streaming… yeah that was not good.
But now for the recording settings, is it possible to stream and record with x264 at the same time?
My Settings for recording look like this now:
No Rescale so it takes the original base canvas of 1080p i guess?
CBR with 40.000
Is 40.000 good or can i go higher? What is an adequat bitrate for recording in 1080p or is it even necessary to go higher / lower?
Keyframe 2 again.
Was always the recommendet setting for it.
Profile main
Is there a difference in recording if i go high? Only heard it would be troublesome for streaming.
CPU Preset medium.

About the CPU Preset i don’t know if Streaming and Recording in Medium would be overburdening my CPU. Only Recording took 30% of my CPU in maximum so i might consider setting the preset of either or both to a higher one, any recommendations about it?

To give more insight i post some of the keyspecs of my pc:
Threadripper 3960x, 64Gb RAM, GTX1080 and enough HDD space.
About NVENC i really don’t want to use it because if i played games which use most of my GPU it started lagging or frames dropped idk why because it always says NVENC encode and using the GPU for games are different things but i think it’s not entirely true…

So Thanks in advance for Answers and Sorry for the long post
*Imagine Potato at the End*
Did you ever figure this out
?