Question / Help Streaming perfectly fine then today server connection issues

Srozziks

So here is my problem: I've been streaming every day/every other day just fine for months. Yesterday I went to do a short stream and I was dropping frames like crazy. I hadn't changed a setting or anything it just wasn't working. Figured it was my internet connection, reset the hardware, still dropping frames like crazy. I can connect to the internet, play games fine, and have no problem, delay, or change in downloading or uploading files. I drop frames heavily on both on PC and Mac. I've tried switching Twitch Servers, and most of the other fixes online with nothing working. It wouldn't be my bitrate or anything settings wise like that because if it was why was it working for months? So something else is up, not sure if OBS is having trouble connecting itself, if Twitch has been not working (although people are streaming currently) since last night or what the deal is. Any help is appreciated. Here is the log from the last drop frames stream.

Attachments

• 2018-09-05 11-35-12.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 10

Narcogen

11:35:16.916: Could not resolve server 'live-sjc.twitch.tv': no valid address found
11:35:16.916: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-sjc.twitch.tv/app failed: -2

11:35:35.191: Could not resolve server 'live-sjc.twitch.tv': no valid address found
11:35:35.191: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-sjc.twitch.tv/app failed: -2

Could be Twitch having a problem, could be your ISP having a problem, could be you should check whether your DNS server entries are current and working. The above errors seem to be saying that the name of the selected Twitch ingest server is not resolving to a valid IP address.

Narcogen

Then this:

11:36:05.687: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 212 (20.0%)
11:45:25.196: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1614 (39.4%)

That's just insufficient bandwidth. Perhaps you're being throttled?

Srozziks

11:35:16.916: Could not resolve server 'live-sjc.twitch.tv': no valid address found
11:35:16.916: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-sjc.twitch.tv/app failed: -2

11:35:35.191: Could not resolve server 'live-sjc.twitch.tv': no valid address found
11:35:35.191: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-sjc.twitch.tv/app failed: -2

Could be Twitch having a problem, could be your ISP having a problem, could be you should check whether your DNS server entries are current and working. The above errors seem to be saying that the name of the selected Twitch ingest server is not resolving to a valid IP address.

How would I go about checking my DNS server entries?

Srozziks

Then this:

11:36:05.687: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 212 (20.0%)
11:45:25.196: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1614 (39.4%)

That's just insufficient bandwidth. Perhaps you're being throttled?

i can check. not sure why i would be but it is a possibility. i feel like if i was being throttled though wouldnt i be experiencing slower upload and download speeds even though they have been completely normal?