Streaming on OBS working fine thru the night time but not throughout the daytime

Laajune

This problem as just start to occur with me for OBS and I've been using it for 2 years now with no problem and my PC is beefy to stream or recording with using it but I've had this weird occurrences where during the daytime when I try to stream OBS doesn't work at all I stay on the red and my bitrate doesn't catch up and I have good internet to stream at 1080 60fps I've done all the internet test what is going on ? btw I tried out the Dynamically change bitrate to manage congestion and it works but it has my stream at the lowest quality and user still get lag during daytime .

11:46AM ( This Morning )
https://obsproject.com/logs/MZJzKSDpldvsW0-Y

11:23PM ( Last Night )

Attachments

• 2020-07-18 17-38-04.txt
    110.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

FerretBomb

17:39:07.562: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 297 (22.0%)
Your connection is insufficient for the bitrate you're trying to stream at.

Note that sites like speedtest.net are worthless for livestreamers. They test the peak throughput and throw out the worst results (speedtest discards around the lowest 30%, for example) showing the best possible transfer speeds, while streaming relies on minimum constant throughput (the slowest your connection runs at).

If you were streaming to Twitch, you'd be able to use R1ch's Twitch Bandwidth Tester app to diagnose your connection from a livestreaming standpoint. Unfortunately YouTube does not allow that sort of connection diagnostic.

But it is 100% your connection causing the problem. It could be your ISP throttling your speeds or use packet-shaping during the day to help alleviate network congestion, while allowing the connection to run 'freely' at night. Or if you're on an aggregate connection (like a cable modem) daytime traffic from others on your local concentrator might be interfering.

Laajune

Your connection is insufficient for the bitrate you're trying to stream at.

Note that sites like speedtest.net are worthless for livestreamers. They test the peak throughput and throw out the worst results (speedtest discards around the lowest 30%, for example) showing the best possible transfer speeds, while streaming relies on minimum constant throughput (the slowest your connection runs at).

If you were streaming to Twitch, you'd be able to use R1ch's Twitch Bandwidth Tester app to diagnose your connection from a livestreaming standpoint. Unfortunately YouTube does not allow that sort of connection diagnostic.

But it is 100% your connection causing the problem. It could be your ISP throttling your speeds or use packet-shaping during the day to help alleviate network congestion, while allowing the connection to run 'freely' at night. Or if you're on an aggregate connection (like a cable modem) daytime traffic from others on your local concentrator might be interfering.
I see but the things is I've been able to stream fine for the past 2 years without no problem on 1080 6fps this just came out of nowhere , but what is ISP & packet-shaping ? and is their something I can do to fix this

FerretBomb

The 'fun' part of the internet is that 95% of your connection is entirely out of your control. You can change absolutely nothing, and someone in the middle of the chain of hops between you and your destination does, and your connection starts having a problem.

Laajune

The 'fun' part of the internet is that 95% of your connection is entirely out of your control. You can change absolutely nothing, and someone in the middle of the chain of hops between you and your destination does, and your connection starts having a problem.
So basically there is someone on the internet that is messing up the flow ?

qhobbes

Settings --> Advanced --> Network --> Check box for "Dynamically change bitrate..." [Apply] [OK]