Streaming on Microsoft Teams using the Virtual Webcam

orush

Hi guys,

first of all and this is my first post here. This forum is awesome. I was able to manage to get the Virtual Webcam working in Teams because if you and it all so far works out for me on Big Sur etc.

However, here is a question for the experienced guys here. I want to use this mainly for educational purposes and I got some questions regarding the quality of the stream. In the first place, I am sitting on a 50MBit upload stream on a MacPro with 16 cores and 192 GB of RAM so prerequisites a guess is good. But I have faced the issue that if I am sharing my desktop in a scene the content as far as I can see a bit blurry and not as good for example in Microsoft Teams if I am doing desktop sharing. I am quite new to OBS and I have just followed some tutorials and made adjustments but it's still, not good quality I think.

So I have changed some settings here for the video and output I will attach some pictures but hopefully people can help me fix the quality. Besides the settings in OBS, I have already changed the native solution of my screen already to 1080p.

Thanks for your help

Output Settings

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-09 um 15.43.03.png

Advanced Settings

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-09 um 15.43.27.png

Video Settings

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-09 um 15.43.15.png

orush

Hi, thanks for the answer,

yes I got multiple scenes configured in OBS I want to use for teaching and one shows the desktop or at least a part of it and that is super blurry. Bit again can you be a bit more specific in what you mean?

Teams is probably your problem. As with most Microsoft Products... Its shoddy as heck and MS really doesn't care!! Check out the quality of what OBS in outputting with an app like Webcaminoid to see if the issue is with your OBS output. In that app, you should be able to verify you are outputting from OBS t@ 1080p 60fps

mrDoktar

I've noticed the same thing. I tried to run teams in the Chrome browser instead of the Teams app and the blurry desktop sharing wasn't a problem anymore. For me there is something with the Teams app that's causing the problem.