Question / Help Streaming don't work

DevChuckNorris

Hello,

I have a problem if I want to stream, i don'get any error message but the stream is still offline, and OBS don't send data to the streaming server.

This happen in the console:

info: [rtmp stream: 'default_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live.twitch.tv/app successful
[SWR @ 0x7f8b7800cb80] Failed to set option
error: swr_alloc_set_opts failed
error: audio_input_init: Failed to create resampler

Kind regards

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
So FFmpeg is self-built from the FFmpeg repository? It's very unusual to get this sort of FFmpeg error because I've been using FFmpeg for a long time without ever having encountered this sort of problem, but I've always compiled it myself from their repository, so I was asking if perhaps you got FFmpeg from somewhere else in this case.

JPL

Don't think so? I followed the Ubuntu compilation instructions to the letter... My setup is very standard, I actually reinstalled Ubuntu 14.10 because I was worried I'd done something in a previous version to give me a non standard multimedia stack.

JPL

Hmm, when I try to run ffmpeg (the self-built one) I get this error:

ffmpeg: relocation error: /usr/lib/libavfilter.so.5: symbol avpriv_vga16_font, version LIBAVUTIL_54 not defined in file libavutil.so.54 with link time reference

JPL

Like I said, I followed the compilation instructions included with OBS so either there's a bug in the current git head of ffmpeg or the instructions have an error.

It will be months before the Ubuntu ffmpeg situation is rectified in 15.04, those of us using 14.10 need a way to run OBS until then.

you downgrade to 14.04.1. one could argue that anyone dependent on the tools available to them for free should be on an LTS release anyway. this is my opinion though..... i wish i could help but i couldn't get it to compile in a 14.10 vm and it wasn't worth my time so i gave up. with ubutech, llc and linux tech and gaming podcast i'm over worked and underpaid. lol

i strongly suggest you either learn how to make obs compile against custom ffmpeg libraries or you just downgrade back to 14.04 if you really want to use obs. there's other gui based streaming software out there if you look. i won't advertise it though as it's probably frowned upon here.